Monday, October 25, 2010

Have I Really Missed That Much?


This post is inspired by a private message I got about this blog by a friend who is going through a similar thing at the moment, finding one self, past being the one single thing you have been for so long.
If you grew-up before you had kids, or have managed to do it since, think back, did you go on holidays? did you go clubbing(that's not, 'did you enjoy clubbing?' by the way cause that's a different question)? did you ever go on a road trip? a weekend away? Did you ever work in a different town to the one you grew-up in? Did you go to university? Did you have loads of sex, with loads of people? Did you fall in love? How many times? The questions go on and on. And not every adult has done everything, I'm not an idiot, I know that, but I didn't do any of these things, some of them I will never get to do, and I'm ok with that.  These are experiences that help us find who we are as an individual.  Once we are all grown-up we get to go and have kids and be great parents, knowing that we love music, or to rock climb, or driving fast cars, or whatever. This is what I'm doing right now, around making school lunches and washing nappies and breastfeeding and brushing hair, I'm finding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment